5. Exclude words
- Use "-"before the keyword
- In what situation should we use?
6. Correct Spelling
Beware of the differences between English and American spellings (Color,
Colour) > (color OR colour)
7. Stop Words
- Ignore the most common words "the, is,....."
- "searching the web" and the search engine will ignore "the
- Add more relevant keyword.
8. Use wildcards
- Use "*" in some search engines
- "funk*"> funk, funky, funkiest,...
9. Solve dead links
- If the search engine returns
which is a dead link.